Beowulf

TV, film, and whatever else entertains ya!

Moderator: dingo

eoinzy
Site Admin

Beowulf

Post by eoinzy »

The warrior Beowulf must fight and defeat the monster Grendel who is terrorizing towns, and later, Grendel's mother, who begins killing out of revenge.

I saw this last week on bluray DVD. Its the first high definition film I've seen.

The movie itself is animated. It stars Angelina Jolie, Ray Winstone, John Malkovic, Crispin Glover and Brendan Gleeson. Its the story of a small Danish viking village that gets attacked by a monster. None of the local warriors can slay the beast so they put out word around the land that they need a warrior who will be richly rewarded for slaying the beast.

Along comes Beowulf from England. He fights the monster and goes into the cavern where he meets the monsters mother, Angelina Jolie. The usual fighting and killing ensues and thats pretty much it.

Its actually a decent film. Good action, good animation, and good story. The quality of the bluray was pretty good too. Apparently all bluray DVDs are in 3D and it was noticed in this. At times when warriors would have their spears pointing outwards, you could notice a definite 3D effect. How novel.

All in all, it was a good experience, maybe more so because I was watching it on a huge TV in full hidef with sound blaring from the speakers and a beer in my hand! :lol: