Movie: I Am Legend

TV, film, and whatever else entertains ya!

Moderator: dingo

eoinzy
Site Admin

Movie: I Am Legend

Post by eoinzy »

I saw I am Legend last night on Foxtel (Showcase 1).

I had never seen it before and didnt know what to expect. I knew the general background of it, ie last man alive walking around New York.

I thought it started off well. The start was pretty scary and had a lot of tense build up. I also thought that the problem with the film was it had all the build up and not enough content delivery. There simply wasnt enough action and zombie fighting.

The scary bits were scary, but the action bits were few and far between. The flashbacks were a nice touch I thought, especially how they were blended in with the action, a but like the way Lost is done.

The ending seemed a bit abrupt. The ending scene must have lasted a total of maybe ten minutes from when they were sitting there quietly to when it was over.

The film was OK. maybe 3/5. It had a lot of potential, but didn't take advantage of it. 28 Days Later did it so much better. In fact, now that I think of it this is identical to 28 Days Later, except its based in New York instead of London!!

eoinzy
The Goose

Re: Movie: I Am Legend

Post by The Goose »

Ya agree with the action alright but as you said it could have been a whole lot more.
This post was brought to you under threat from Dingo!!!
dingo
Site Admin

Re: Movie: I Am Legend

Post by dingo »

there was even parts of it that were creepy when will smith start going noticeable mental!! talking to that mannequin and quoting shrek!! :lol:

28 Days Later was much better. It could even be argued that 28 weeks later was better, even tho that was shit.